To have a smooth direction in life, it is compulsory that every man must set at least seven personal goals before the year runs out.
That you haven’t made any plans or set any personal goals right now does not mean you can not achieve much more.
It is understandable to fail to plan as there are times that you can get occupied by other activities. However, keeping in mind personal goals is crucial to achieve more in life.
There are a number of personal goals a person can set for oneself, nevertheless, it is clear that everybody will have different goals to set in mind.
However, there are general personal goals everyone needs to make a better life. Starting very early to set goals as a teenager can easily improve your life.
How to Set Personal Goals
1. Personal development: Despite having several goals in mind, setting personal goals is one of the crucial goals to pay attention to. Self development or personal development goals are very broad and cover a large number of individual life experiences in terms of strength and weakness.
Some personal development goals include, how to stop procrastinating, how to love, how to improve self confidence, how to have a growth mindset, how to find happiness among others.
These are other personal challenges that one needs to tackle privately such as how to stop being lazy, being too inquisitive or how to deal with narcissism behaviour, this is why it is called personal development goals.
2. Set Career goals: As an individual setting career goals is important, especially for teenagers who are just starting life. Making plans on how to start a career is very important, it might be learning skills you are passionate about that could fetch you passive income, it might be goals on solving world problems or becoming an entrepreneur. Early start of career goals can boost your ability and chance to change your world for the best. How do you set career goals? One of the best ways is to get experience for free from an organisation who offers the actual service you need. You can easily start a career by getting work experience without experience. This might look little tricky and confusing but it works.
3. Set Academic goals: Having a working academic plan can help quick development to set personal goals. Aside from building career goals, there is a great advantage in building academic goals, having a good understanding and foresight of how long and what age it will take to complete primary, secondary, tertiary education and other programs. This could give you an edge to secure a job, since most companies are getting more attracted to young people.
4. Side hustle goals: Another strategy to set personal goals is to get a working side hustle running, this can help you increase, boost and or make you more money. There are people who fail to succeed after putting so much effort but yet realise things are not working as planned. One of the major reasons is that many people’s expenditures are more than their earnings. This is why there is a need to start side hustle business ideas to make more money to maintain good personal goals.
5. Creativity: Being creative is a personal goal that needs to be set early enough. This could be achieved much better and early if parents pay close attention to their children, to understand what they love doing or engage with in their teenage years. However, as an individual who loves self growth and development, there is no need to wait for parents or guidance to put you through before you stand up for yourself.
To set creative goals simply requires much thinking and brainstorming to know what works and what does not, understand what you are passionate about and what gives you joy when you do. To get active with this kind of goal, you might need to understand how to take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way as well.
6. Positivity: Being positive is a criteria of personal development goals, its stands out because positivity plays a big role in making personal goals work. Nothing can not come into fulfilment if you aren’t positive about what you set as goals. Being positive is a head start to making personal goals possible.
7. Management: Without being able to manage the little or large resource you have it will be almost impossible to set working personal goals. Don’t be surprised that there are people who have more than enough resources to set great goals in life but do not know how to manage them. However, there are some others who are unfortunate to have this resource but do not know how to make the little they have work. This is why everyone needs to identify their needs from wants. There are things that you will want but won’t be necessary and there are necessary things that you won’t really want to have. Knowing how this work could help manage your personal goals to become a reality.