Knowing how to stop being jealous right now is an advantage you should grab.
Fact is, many people can not stop being jealous for reasons they themselves do not understand.
Instead they stick to that practice, while putting so many things at risk. Indirectly being jealous increases temperament and hatred.
The most annoying thing of all is most jealous persons find it hard, less concerned or feel it isn’t necessary to ask how the other person arrived at what they are jealous about.
To halt is to stop being jealous, jealousy promotes hatred, leads to self harm, depression and at the end regrets. Most especially when a jealous person comes to realise such jealousy is based on false truth.
Jealousy keeps increasing with time, when it gets intense that a person does not know how to stop being jealous, it makes them grow in pride.
Failure To Stop Being Jealous
Aside from pride as a consequence of failure to stop being jealous, ego takes over a person who fails to halt being jealous.
While in some cases, jealousy can be productive as a form of defence, it is proven that not being able to halt jealousy has done more harm than good.
One of the other negative effects of being jealous is that it makes a person look childish and foolish the moment a person realises he is wrong.
How To Stop Being Jealous
1. Examine the cause: Jealousy at times makes someone overthink that he ends up with no clue or result at the end. Clear and terror examination of things can make things clearer which make a person stop being jealous. Make deep findings of an action to stop being jealous.
2. Limit expectations: Higher expectations make you feel you deserve more than what you actually deserve, it is another cause for jealousy. When expectations are high but get a lesser result, be it for yourself or someone else’s action or results, it leads to jealousy.
3. Engage with more activities: Do you remember this saying ‘an idle hand is the devil’s workshop’. Being idle only enhances jealousy, it is when you get so busy with things you stop being jealous.
4. Speak out early: The moment you find something unpleasant, it is best to speak out early enough to stop being jealous. Keeping silent will only make your heart heavy and make the mind wander around negative things which result in jealousy.
5. Forgive your past: The reason why people fail to stop being jealous is because they can not forgive their past. Get over your past to stop being jealous, it frees up worries. Sticking to the past is just like enslaving yourself.
6. Exercise patience: Why many people can’t stop being jealous is because they quickly jump into conclusion due to lack of patience.
7. Stop being too conclusive: Early conclusion without proper findings and research on a particular thing will make you a jealous person. Stop being too conclusive to stop being jealous.
8. Stop being too sensitive: This makes you pick offence easily. Being too sensitive to things causes more harm than good. It does not mean that you shouldn’t be sensitive, as it helps you to be smart but to know how to stop being jealous, you need to stop being sensitive.
9. Stop being over curious: as the saying goes ‘curiosity kills the cat’. When a person can’t stop being curious about things he sees things that aren’t pleasant to the eye makes the heart wary which can easily lead to jealousy. First know how to stop being too curious to get over jealousy
10. Overlook things: They say ‘the more you know the more you get hurt, the more you understand the more you suffer’. Aside applying these steps on how to stop being jealous, if you can learn to overlook some certain things in life, you will easily stop being jealous.