How Being Selfish Affects Life
Realizing that selfishness is a bad moral conduct, there is a need to put a stop to being selfish. One thing you should take note of is that being selfish does not add nor contribute to a person’s good living. Instead, it depreciates human value.
Who Is a Selfish Person
A selfish person is a self centered person who has less altruism, lacks consideration for others, less contented, sympathy and concern for his fellow being, always wants everything to be his without feeling guilty of his actions.
Yes, we understand that humans by nature are selfish according to j.j re, the drive and hunger to get more is inevitable but applying wisdom to whatever we do remains the principal thing.
Because you want something does not mean you should not scale your wants from other people’s needs. Selfishness can go as far as taking lives and destroying other peoples future while you feel you are building yours.
What Is Selfishness
Selfishness is a weakness that has much to do with emotion disorderliness, the loss of empathy and sympathy for other people. Being selfish easily leads to hatred, envy and enmity.
Being selfish lacks consideration for others, deriving pleasure and profit from other people without considering the welfare, feeling, losses of others, being self centered by being preoccupied with oneself and affairs.
A selfish person is greedy person who can hard differentiate and always ignorant of his needs from wants, even when he does not need what he wants, and when he does not need he wants.
How To Stop Being A Selfish Person
1. Awareness: When you are informed, you are inform. Being aware of being selfish is a great way to know how to deal with it and stop being selfish. A problem well known is closed to being solved. It is easier to get a problem solved when you are aware of it. To stop being selfish is to know that selfishness is not a good thing. It can go as far as taking lives which one may not realize.
2. Reach out: How well have you gone to check up on others, how long have you reached out to people who need help. There are people who notice the act of selfishness in you but will rather stay hungry or stay away from you than coming to ask for help. Reach out to people even if you do not know what they need, ask them and do the little you can to assist, with time you will put a stop to being selfish.
3. Discipline: You can not stop something if you can not discipline yourself, since you are aware of your weakness. You need to make up your mind, put the habit of giving and helping into practise.
4. Courage: It only takes courage to get over fear, to stop being selfish need your courage. Do not think you can not do it, do not think you do not know how to start, these thoughts are setbacks that will never make you do anything, just start from anywhere, with time you will find the rhythm.
5. Understanding everything is temporary: You can not have everything, if you manage to them, you can not keep them forever. You met what you have in this world, you are bound to leave them here for someone else. In fact if you are not careful, all the effect you put into getting all the wealth may be wasted as people who do not know the pain you went through to get those things will lavish them.
6. Good communication skill: Learn to listen more and speak less, this will help you realise your weakness and mistakes. You can not know your flaws all by yourself, you need to listen to people’s comments about you, the only way to get the right information to stop being selfish is to have good communication skills.
7. Acknowledge others opinion: Sometimes, it is normal to feel that our actions, decisions and reactions to things are right and even better than other people. This could make you slide or put off people’s opinions or suggestions, learn to acknowledge people’s views, it helps stop being selfish.
8. Show concern: Sympathy without rendering help when you have what it takes to help others is completely useless. When people who do not have sympathy and concern for others remain selfish, those who sympathizes have what it takes to help give out what they can afford.
You can’t stop yourself from being selfish, if you do not show concern about others.
9. Practise Altruism: Altruism is an emotional reward, a way to show kindness, a behaviour that benefits another individual at a cost to oneself. Altruism is the unselfish concern for other people.
10. Divine help: It is said “heaven help those who help themselves” before you can get divine help, you need to first help yourself by helping others.
How to stop being selfish
is simple and done by being aware of you weakness, practise altruism, give a helping hand, discipline, courage, understand everything is temporary. Good communication skill, acknowledge other people’s opinion, show concern and divine help.