Why it is Important To Stop Being Shy :
Shyness is as a result of incompetency and lack of confidence to approach people. Being shy also means diffidence, feeling, lack of comfort or awkwardness especially when a person is around other people, it could be related to low self esteem.
Being shy is a wrong attitude to approach people, knowing that failure to stop being shy could be a major setback that hinders progress. It can easily cause humiliation which can result in depression if one is humiliated by other people. To put an end to being shy is to know why it is important to stop living an awkward life.
Not everybody is a victim of shyness but most people who lack confidence easily get shy which is bad. Being shy isn’t something so bad as people seem to picture it, but when getting shy at the wrong time it may not do any good but deprive a person from achieving or getting what he or she wants.
Opportunities in life are few, and second chances are rare. A shy person may not have the chances to seize opportunities and might not get a second chance if lost.
More reason why it is important to stop being shy and take chances when it comes.
Being shy could make people take a person as coward, when scared to challenge and speak for oneself. Here is a guide to stop being shy if it is properly followed.
1. Building confidence: is a way to stop feeling shy, being shy has more to do with lack of confidence, without knowing how to build confidence in yourself, it will be very tasking to get over shyness. When there is a lack of confidence, people fail to believe in you or what you can do as a person, why is this so? It is simply because you fail to believe in yourself.
2. Getting past humiliation: So many people are being humiliated, in the process, the confidence to carry on could gradually or suddenly fade away. Being humiliated by people is one thing, but being self humiliated is another. To overcome shyness is go get past self humiliation.
3. Inferiority complex: Shyness can be as a result of inferiority complex. A situation where you see yourself less important and less valuable than others. Inferiority complex can easily promote shyness because the more you feel down graded the less valuable you become. It is important to get over inferiority complex so as to stop being shy.
Shyness is a thing that could be an hindrance to a successful life, however, there could be other possible things stopping you from moving forward, which you may not know of, these things could make you start being a shy person even without knowing so.
4. Fear of past mistakes: To stop being shy is to get over past mistakes, because you failed at something, you are being disgraced or molested does not mean you should be afraid to try again. To stop being shy is to learn how to leave your past being you, then move on. The past is gone, you can only learn from it so as to make it not happen again.
5. Open minded: Be open minded, if you do not know how, learn how to be open minded. Check around you, do you find open minded people? Open minded people are people who pour out their mind, mingle with people and share thoughts and ideas.
In the process of being open minded, allowing new knowledge into the mind could easily stop you from being shy because you will learn new things and as well build more confidence in yourself. Learn to be free with people, hang out around lively friends, go out to have fun,
6. Meeting with strangers: To know how to meet with strangers is to first meet with people you know, if you do not know how, let your friends teach you how to meet with people. If you do not have friends you can start one by becoming a social person, start chatting with people online, hook up with them, have a date and spend some time together, doing this you are doing more to build yourself and get over being shy.
7. Discrimination: This could easily make a person feel inferior, less important, if such person is not being noticed on time, it could lead to depression. Overcoming being discriminated helps get over shyness, do well by helping yourself to ignore people’s mockery or negative words, all you should have in mind is how you can prove yourself right by getting over shyness.
Please follow and like us: