Set Yourself Apart From Competitors
Standing out among your competitors is important, as well as appreciating the fact that you have competitors in life. Competitors trigger progress and only few people know this.
Meanwhile, there are essential reasons why you need to set yourself apart by being unique from competitors. Distinguishing yourself from competitors gives people a reason to respect you for who you are.
There should always be a difference between you and the person you are competing with. This creates a gap and also shows the level of commitment and dedication to yourself.
1. Understanding yourself: It is important to know who you are in order to separate yourself from competitors. Before people can see some sort of uniqueness in you, it is important to first understand yourself. Know what you want, and how to get it.
2. Place a value: Without self value, it will always look so difficult to distinguish oneself from others. Placing value on yourself by knowing your worth could be a better way to set yourself apart for your competitors. Let people know your worth. Let them be able to know how much value you can add to them.
3. Find your passion: If you think of setting yourself apart from others, be it in the business world or in life, being passionate about what you love doing can help in a great way. Imagine a person who is doing something out of passion and another who is doing something just for money.
A person who does have passion about something will always not take income, money or profit as a priority; but for those who are not passionate, they will easily fail or give up easily.
4. Updating and Upgrading: Keep learning and stay up to date. The best way to stay on top of your game is by constantly updating and upgrading yourself. The more you keep doing this, the better you become, and the best you can be in your niche against your competitors.
5. Spy on your competitors: There is no rule that says you should not or cannot spy on your competitors; but engaging in copyright or plagiarism is not good if you really want to stand out from your competitors. Be unique as an individual and know what your competitors are up to.
6. Love your competitors: If you hate your competitors, you could lose your track. Keep in mind that competitions are important in life and you need them. You need your competitors in order to stay alert and on track. If possible, have meetings with them. See how they are doing, so you can learn to see how they progress.
7. Connect with people: To move forward and stand out among your competitors is to get connected with other people. There are people who are of great value out there. Meeting these good people could be a great help in improving yourself while it also helps in setting yourself apart from competitors.
8. Serve others: If you want to lead, have it in mind to serve others who are of greater values than you are. Serving others does not make you a slave but gives you greater opportunities in life. There are greater values in serving people. These values might be of great help to you if you value the importance; this will help you in separating yourself from your competitors.
9. Be unique: One of the major ways to set yourself apart from your competitors is to stand unique. Let people find something special in you; that which they cannot find in your competitors. Being creative as a freelancer could help in achieving a unique lifestyle.
10. Have a landmark: What is a landmark? A landmark is a sort of charisma in which you use in gaining people’s attention. A landmark can never be easily forgotten. It is like installing a form of mindset in people that keeps them coming over and over again.
Landmark is a kind of expectation people hope to see from time to time. For instance, McDonald (investopedia stated what customers want from McDonald); that which makes the company unique, has a sort of way it uses to get its customers attention when the waiters attend to its customers.
11. Experience and Exposure: Move out, reach out, learn more. Endless research will make you gather better experience and make you more exposed in life. Having a fixed mindset will never help you stand out from competitors but knowing the difference between a developing a growth mindset and fixed mindset will help.
12. Transparency: Show yourself plain to people. Let people find trust in you. Be faithful and committed to people. Transparency opens ways to many opportunities in life; and also, separate yourself from competitors.
13. Protect your weakness: It is important to know your weakness; and when you know it, protect it by all means. Your weakness could easily make you vulnerable to competitors’ attacks.
14. Protect your strength: Keep your strength to yourself. Your strength might be your strategy, your plan, your mission and more. Do well to keep these secrets to yourself if you really want to separate yourself from competitors.