Positive thought promotes good mindset in a long distance relationship. Try as much as possible to engage your partner with positive things. At some point, doubt could come into your mind or the mind of your lover; it is important to clear off these mindsets with positive words.
13. Share events. Do a screenshot or videos of the events you had. Talk about it and if possible discuss how to make the next event more meaningful. These events could be about church, mosque, parties, shows and others.
14. Work talk: Carry your partner along about what is happening at your place of work. It does not matter if you are self employed or doing a white collar job, take time to talk about the happenings.
15. Religious talk: Take about your religion, pray together, read the spiritual books together, give yourself time to fast and share the word of God together. This alone can make a long distance relationship stand its ground.
16. Words of encouragement: The truth is that there will be issues in a long distance marriage. Handling trust issues could be very hard because you are not seeing each other. It is natural to argue, but better to disagree then agree.
17. Saying sorry: This is important to keep a long distance marriage alive. Do not be proud to say sorry even when you are right or wrong. Do not let an issue get out of hand before you apologize to each other.
18. Advice/Patience: Patience is the key to a successful relationship which also applies to long distance marriage. You have to learn how to be patient enough so as not to cause more problems in your marriage.
19. Gist and gossip: As couples, especially those in a long distance relationship, gossip should be your hobby. Smiles. Yes, it is important to gist and gossip about some things, laugh about them, and make fun of it. This could as well create more bonds to a distant relationship.
20. Never give up: All these tips, ways or processes are not that easy to accomplish in a long distance relationship; but to make your marriage survive long distance, you have to do all and never give up on yourselves, no matter what it will take. You started your marriage together, learned to make your marriage work together as husband and wife.