Patience in a new relationship is a virtue. Patience stands as the pillar to why relationships survive. A love affair that will survive the relationship journey and end in a successful marriage has a lot of pressure to withstand and this pressure comes as a result of the level of patience in the new relationship.
Love is patient but while in a new relationship, patience without self control could break a relationship.
It is natural to be emotional and anxious when we find ourselves in a new relationship, as we feel a different atmosphere around us. However, it is also important to know that being patient about a new relationship could shield the relationship without stuffing our partner.
Anxiety could unconsciously stuff a new relationship and could make your lover get irritated as you indirectly choke such a partner with everything that comes to you without considering your partner’s privacy.
1. Patience promotes friendliness: Being patient at the start of a new relationship gives room for friendliness. When you take your time to know your partner, it is a sign of being patient.
You just do not assume you know your lover when starting a relationship. You have to take your time and take one step at a time to know your partner well before you start getting along. When you do this, it brings about a kind of bond that could be unbroken because you took your time to know your partner.
2. Respect: Patience with your lover shows a sign of respect. The more patient you are, the better you get respected. Being patient commands respect, as it is not everything you flame up about. When your partner sees you are calm and cool and know how to handle issues, they will give you back the respect you deserve.
3. Love: The only way to enhance and promote your new relationship is to start with patience. It is of no doubt to say that love is patience. It does not get angry; and anything that does not get angry, does not hurt. Patience plays a major role in a relationship especially when practiced at the start of a new relationship.
4. Intimacy: Being patient at the start of a new relationship creates a bond that may be unbreakable between two lovers. It gives you the privilege to understand your partner and get closer.
A relationship that is not built on patience will always fall into arguments, and when arguments are constant in a relationship, the level of closeness depreciates.
5. Understanding: Misunderstanding must occur and it is something you cannot avoid in a relationship, but having misunderstanding at the start of a relationship shows no sign of a healthy relationship. Being patient in a new relationship gives you an opportunity to understand who your partner is and to know their likes and dislikes.
6. Enhance Good communication: Know when to speak and when to listen. Patience in a new relationship promotes good communication. When you take your time to know your lover from the start of a relationship, it is easier to know his/her temperament as it will help you understand them better when they communicate.
7. Maturity: Being patient in a new relationship is in one way a sign of maturity. Everyone has the right to get angry and self control over anger is not that easy, but being patient can help control oneself.
8. Argument: Taking your time to know your partner is a thing of patience in a new relationship. The more you are patient and do not rush a new relationship, it is easier to maintain peace and order which automatically reduces or subsides the level of argument in a relationship.
9. Flaws: Patience in a new relationship helps to amend and correct relationship flaws. Mistakes are meant to be made but correcting it in the proper way is the beauty of every relationship. As a relationship grows, its strengths and weaknesses will gradually start to surface and when it does, with the help of being patient, you can contain the flaws.