Student Mindsets And Mistakes
Carrying a wrong mindset can lead to severe mistakes before student gaining admission into school could be costly. Mistakes students make before admission are what has left many into a life journey of regrets.
The joy of going to school or gaining admission into university is one common things found in the mind of the youths which most times lead them astray.
After secondary education, the drive to be a graduate of a tertiary college or university is one thing students crave for and see as a priority.
Almost everyone has made mistakes during the schooling process, basically to the fact that their minds are set on things that does not really matter in the future.
This is the reason why we make an attempt to help you understand and build a better mindset on mistakes students make before admission.
Here, in this post we shall discuss the mistakes students make before admission and how to correct the negative mindset they carry before gaining admission into the school of their choices.
It is the joy of a child to successfully graduate from secondary to university and also the parents happiness is to see their children progress in life, but it could also be a disaster in disguise if both parents and children do not look deep to understand what to expect in this path.
The Old Days Are Gone
Literally it is a good thing to go to school, study the course of our dreams and graduate with a good grade but there are some mistakes you should not make before your admission into the university or any school of your choice.
Gone are those days when people are confident of their results and proud of their certificates, a time when education seems to be the modesty of peoples career and a period when education seems not to fail.
Related Topic: How To Build A Career When Education Fails
Education fails only when we take our time to study hard and spend so much on learning, then come out with good grades and certificates and yet not get a good result for our labour.
Education fails when people strive to survive after school and find themselves doing unspeakable and embarrassing jobs which goes completely contrary to what they studied in school. This is seemingly like a slap on people’s face and this also changes their mindsets toward life.
The essence of studying further in school is to eliminate poverty and poverty mindset from the heart of many people and to encourage others who have not gone or do not think of going to school, to see the length a person who studied further could reach, but then, this is not the case anymore.
People make a lot of mistakes when and before gaining admissions into the higher institutions of their choices. The anxiety within them could lead them to take the wrong choices by not reflecting on what education is all about.
However, some people do not take their time to update and upgrade themselves to know what the latest information is and how they could get better when attempting to gain admission.
Most parents lack an active part in taking their time to know their children’s needs and wants and this in turn has its own negative consequence. The truth is, the world is changing and new things are arising each and every single day, so the moment we miss out now, we could totally miss all.
This is why we intend to list out the mistakes students make and their mindset before gaining admission into universities or any school of their choices.
- University Is The Highest Place Of Learning: Most people’s mindset is that when we are opportune to gain admission into the university, we have then gotten to the highest place or point of learning. This is true in the late 90’s but not here in the 21st century, where education is kinetic, always changing everyday. New things surfaces and life never stops to evolve.
This mistake is so common in most African countries; many parents who were opportune to study back then in their 90’s still keep and stick to the notion that university is still and will ever remain the highest place of learning.
This was actually true back then but not anymore. There is no highest place of learning. What could be the best place of learning now is to develop a mindset and constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. University is just a place to explore positively and to build our mindset towards the challenges ahead of us.
- Coming Out With Higher Credit: What is the essence of going to school if not to come out with the best result. Though this is very important, it should not be the priority any more as things have drastically changed. First class or Upper credits is what sets students apart back then and somehow till now, but it does not in any way stand as the top most criteria for success in this very modern age.
Coming out with a good grade makes your parents proud and also gives you confidence and shows the effort and hard work you have put into studies. But does it really guarantee your place in the outside world and outside the wall of education?
This is the era where first class or upper grades are becoming less important but the value we create in ourselves and how well we take advantage of education in our schooling years are what really matters now.
Creating positive values is what distinguishes us from people who came out with first class and upper grades. The fact is that there are people who study so hard with good grades but without creating any value in themselves.
So, what about the certificate, isn’t that a value?
The days at which certificates or our results determine the level at which we would be successful are over, now this is the era when the value we possess speaks more loudly than the result or certificates we acquire.
Many people fail in life because they thought that school is a place that teaches us how to make money or make a living, but school will never teach you how to make money, they will only teach you the basis of your discipline. Therefore, it is now left to you to teach yourself how to make a life for yourself and to become part of the successful people.
How do you Add Value
Since school will not teach you the practical part of life but the theoretical, it is now important and automatically becomes your own priority to teach yourself what you want and the value you want to create for yourself and to the world at large.
Because, if you think of creating such value for yourself alone you might end up being useless to yourself, but if you venture in creating value to the world then you have the upper hand and the grace to showcase and exhibit your potential to the world.
When you eventually leave school and set out to seek for jobs what will set you apart is the values you have created for yourself rather than the certificate you hold. Companies in this era are not really interested in your certificate but more interested in what value you can create for the company; meaning ‘what can you offer us?’ Rather than ‘what can your qualification offer the company.’
These are few related topics that pinpoints what value is and why you should build your career on values
- Education Or Talent Which Is More Valuable
- Updating And Upgrading; Modern Way To A Successful Life
- How We Can Achieve More In Life
- Why Google Search Engine Is More Reliable Than Textbooks or Handouts
- Fun And Freedom: Another mistake students make is that they see university as a place to gain their freedom and to have fun. Yes, it is true that gaining admission into university will give you freedom, make you have fun and set you free from unnecessary pressures from home, but do not forget that all this is just in a matter of years and before you know it you are back home.
But if you don’t want to end up coming back home to start from square one or start a life all over again, then you have to be wise with your decisions. One thing you should always have in your mind is that fun and freedom is eternal but it all depends on your mindset, when you think you are a slave to people then you are, but when you have the mindset that you are not, and then you are not.
The school is not the best place to have fun but a place to develop ourselves, learn new ideas and set ourselves apart. Since you can have fun and freedom anytime and all the days of your life, why not set yourself apart by learning and building yourself and keep adding values while others are busy catching fun.
Set your priorities right and gather more experience and expose yourself more to things that would add value to your life. Everything is just a matter of time and before you know it, years in school will be over and you will be left with what you know.
The best place to build yourself and to understand more about life is that period in your school years. Digging deep into life can be a thing you should start right from your school days.
Education gives the opportunity to explore, learn new and positive things about life, a place to meet a new set of people and if you do your assignment right you could meet successful people who would be the right set of people for you.
- Make Money And Start A Good Life: Instead of focusing on fun and pleasures only, why not devote your time to find the right clicks and set out to make a life for yourself. Meet the right people who are positive minded as you are and build a career, before you know it you would be making a lot during your school time while others are struggling.
Please Note: This does not mean that you should involve yourself in violent activities, such as stealing, fraud, scam, prostitution and other unspeakable and shameful acts but gradually build yourself rather than being desperate to make money. This is the key to a successful life.
- Self training: Train yourself to be who you want to be, the school is the best place to get it started and get it done. Devote yourself to the things that matter and see into your future.
Have a plan and set yourself a time frame to succeed, this in turns separate you from others. Schooling is accompanied with a time of struggle not a time of pleasure, and patience is the key to make all this work, all your efforts may not count now but soon or later it does and will.
- Not Prepared For The Worse: When you have taken your time to ignore all the mistakes you can make during your time in school, and set your mind on things that matter, know where you are heading to and your purpose in life. It is high time you set your mind positively and concentrate on your future as you prepare your mind for the worse.
Success does not come cheap, you must sow before you reap and that is why we take our time to bring out and show you the students’ mistakes they make before gaining admission into universities or higher institutions.